Friday, December 10, 2010

Our 2010 Christmas Card - You Better BELIEVE It




Here’s our 2010 Christmas card. The first holiday card with Reece’s beautiful face to grace its presence with. :)

I fell in love with this “Believe” card the first time I saw it. Because believing is really a big part of Christmas. Whether it’s believing in Santa and the North Pole, believing in the real reason for the season, or just plain old believing in Christmas magic and all the joys that come with it. And I really also just really love the word "believe". True story.

The picture for the card I finally decided on, was taken moments before Reece sat on Santa's lap, with the Christmas lights twinkling in the background and Reece looking absolutely precious. I was sure this card was going to set the bar for many years to come. I didn't think my card could be topped.

And I stayed happily impressed with how my card came out . . . until I had already sent many out and looked a bit more closely at the words I chose. I think I had a little too much love for the Wisemen this season, because upon inspection this is what the card said, “Wising you all the magic and joy of the season . . . “ Major misspelling and major whoops. And major embarrassment and WISHING I had looked a bit more closely. I should blame it on the eggnog or maybe the rushed making of the card late into the night. Or blame it on believing I don’t need to proofread.

But what’s done is done.  And our first Christmas card went out misspelling and all. I’ll just pretend the card was absolutely perfect, because me being a perfectionist (who would have thought due to my major mishap?) will dwell on it until I get the next years cards out.

But then again, Christmas isn’t all about being perfect. It’s about well, believing and enjoying the spirit of all things Christmas. And of course, a little Christmas magic. So I'll leave you with a few parting words: I wise you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment