Friday, January 7, 2011

A Magical Birthday




Our Little One turned one today. And it was truly magical.  I know, every birthday is magical, but this one was extra special because Reece grew a year older at Disney World. He got to share his special day with Mickey Mouse, with Disney Princesses and he even got to blow out his first little candle at Cinderella's castle.  I'm pretty sure there's nothing more magical than that.

When we woke up there was a little extra magic floating in the air, but there was also some mixed feelings with the birthday magic, because along with Reece becoming a step closer to being our little man, he was also a step closer to not being my little baby anymore.  But what kept me from birthday tears was knowing that no matter how old he is, he'll always be our perfect Little One. :)

Where our Little One got to spend
 his First Birthday for a royal lunch!

The day had a perfect beginning and ending, but the most special part of the day happened in the middle. Our Royal Lunch at Cinderella's Castle. We got to dine like royalty, surrounded by Disney princesses and birthday cake. Reece got to meet with and talk with four Disney Princesses: Cinderella, Snow White, Ariel and Belle. All my favorites except for Jasmine. (She must have been off with Aladdin somewhere. Maybe flying on his magic carpet.)

Every princess loved Reece, called him "Prince Charming" and spent precious birthday moments chatting with the birthday boy. Some extra special moments were made with Snow White kept trying to kiss his head like Dopey, Ariel telling Reece she already filled up on seaweed pizza after Reece tried to feed her cheese puffs, and just every Princess from the storybooks being there in real life in front of a happy little birthday boy.

Us and Cinderella.
Spending some quality time with Cinderella. The
 best princess, in my opinion. How magical.
Princess smiles.
Snow White.
Sleeping Beauty.
Ariel.
Belle.

And while there were a few tears following the arrival of the cake, (he got a little upset when we made him take of his nice birthday shirt), there's nothing a little frosting can't fix. A few minutes later our Birthday Boy was back to smiles and spent some quality time with his birthday cake. The rest of the day went by in a blur, but there were so many special memories made that day. Wonderful memories that will forever live inside me and warm my heart. 

My baby turned one year old in Disney World, and I wouldn't change a single moment of it. And when we said goodbye to the day in Epcot, I knew it would be a day to remember forever.

My favorite castle in the world.
When you wish upon a star? Nope. Wish upon a candle.
Some birthday cupcake fun.
Mmmm . . .  frosting. :)

Finger staring and finger licking good.
Inside Cinderella's Castle. 
All happy with a tummy full of cake.
Touching the Cinderella stained glass. Nope, that's not the real one. :)
Where we just enjoyed Reece's Birthday Lunch!

A year older, a year wiser, another year. All that matters is getting to spend another year with little Reece. Another year complete with my absolute perfect, amazing, beautiful Little One. Who every day grows more wonderful, more sweet, more into the little boy I'm going to love forever. Happy Birthday Reece, my lovely Little One.

And I don't know what he wished for while staring at his birthday candle, all I know is my wish came true . . . that I have the best little boy in the world. And I get to spend the rest of my birthday's knowing he's in my life. And nothing can top that.

A goodbye Birthday kiss from a princess. Just like Dopey. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment